While you have most likely already started your Spring gardening. Here are 5 Spring gardening tips that aren’t too late for you to try to make your garden even better this year.
1. Use vegetable water for your plants. The next time you boil or steam vegetables, don't pour the water down the drain. Instead, use it to water potted plants after letting it cool to room temperature. There are many vitamins and nutrients in vegetable water that plants love.
2. Use eggshells as fertilizer. Rich in calcium carbonate, dried egg shells work as a great natural fertilizer. Crush them up in a blender before throwing them in your garden to enrich the soil.
3. Spread mulch mid-Spring. Now that your young plants have taken root and are taller and stronger, give them a nutrition boost. Spread mulch around the roots to keep them healthy and to encourage them to grow.
4. Resist Overplanting. Only plant what you will use. You don’t have to plant all the seeds in every packet. Just start small, and go from there.
5. Get rid of pests. If you don’t detect pests early and allow them to make a home in your garden, they will be much more difficult to control later on and can do a lot of damage to your plants. Look through the garden frequently to identify pests, and eliminate them as soon as you see them.